The HealthifyPro Biosensor helps users get real-time insights into their blood glucose levels. But the real question is, do you really need it in your life? Let’s find out!
What is the HealthifyPro Biosensor?
Before we get into the pros and cons of the HealthifyPro biosensor, let’s learn about what HealhifyPro is first.
HealthifyPro is a new flagship fitness plan of HealthifyMe, a fitness startup based in Bengaluru. The HealthifyPro plan includes a smart biosensor along with health coaches, an AI assistant, a connected smart scale, and more.
The HealthifyPro biosensor, also known as BIOS, includes a Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) as well as additional sensors and body monitors. The continuous glucose monitor (CGM) measures your glucose levels in real-time and gives you a thorough understanding of how the foods you eat affect your blood sugar levels.
The device is incredibly useful for patients who are either diabetic or pre-diabetic. While HealthifyMe’s biosensor measures glucose patterns, the app’s fitness coaches and AI assistant use that information along with other fitness patterns like food intake and steps to create a personalized diet plan and smart nudges to help users manage their glucose levels.
The CGM device is a sensor with a needle and a round structure that is used by attaching it to the arm. Once you stick it to your arm, it won’t come off for several days. The packaging contains a patch that helps the sensor stay in place. After properly installing the sensor, you can pair it with the HealthifyMe app to get started.
HealthifyPro Biosensor Advantages
- Your glucose levels are reviewed by health coaches who give you timely advice on what you should eat and do to maintain your blood sugar levels.
- The device also monitors your average blood glucose, the estimated HbA1C, and glucose variability.
- With the help of the data obtained from the biosensor and other parameters, the app offers insights into how the body reacts to certain foods and physical activity The HealthifyMe app assigns each user a personalised diet plan that can help with weight loss as well as maintain blood glucose levels.
- Together with the CGM, HealthifyPro also includes a Bluetooth-compatible smart scale. In addition to weighing yourself, you may determine your body mass index, skeletal mass, subcutaneous fat, and more. When the smart scale is connected to the HealthifyPro app, it will display your weight loss percentage and the overall weight you have to lose.
HealthifyPro Biosensor Drawbacks
- While the idea of receiving real-time insights on glucose levels is interesting, having a needle stuck in your arm for 30 days or more can be uncomfortable.
- Not only that, the needle, which is always in contact with blood, is another area to be concerned about. Because HealthifyPro is more like a smart health band than a medical device, it is still unclear how these new technologies will be regulated in the future.
- Another issue that appears to be a concern for average users is the app’s incomprehensible data. For anyone with a non-medical background, the measures, equations, and percentages are foreign.
Conclusion: Is HealthifyPro worth it?
Many of you may be wondering if you should get the HealthifyPro biosensor. The answer is yes, for those who are incredibly health-conscious and wish to improve their eating routines and habits. But the smart thing would be to get it temporarily. You may use it for a month, for instance, to figure out what foods your body prefers, which ones cause spikes in blood sugar levels, and what kinds of exercise suit you the best. Once you know what diet and exercises can help you stay healthy and fit, you can just follow that routine.
The HealthifyPro CGM can be a lot more helpful for people who have diabetes or are at risk of developing it, but it should be used under a doctor’s supervision. The device currently lacks the presence of medical expertise.